- More Products
- Sell Gold & Silver
- Knowledge Center
- About Us
- Join Our Newsletter
Today more investors, central banks, countries, and financial institutions are choosing to buy and own physical gold.
Check out our top 10 reasons to own gold and learn why now more than ever, gold ownership is on the rise.
1) Gold is universal money, a tangible store of value and wealth protection.
2) Physical gold cannot go bankrupt or broke. Gold bullion will never default on promises or obligations.
3) In times of crisis, gold bullion tends to increase sharply in value.
4) Gold is not created by governments nor is its value dependent upon governments. All of today's governments issue paper fiat currencies ( dollars, euros, yen, pounds, yuan, rupees, pesos, etc. ). Fiat currencies have no tangible value and are backed only by government decree ( namely legal tender laws ). Historically, governments always create and issue too much fiat currency. Over the longterm, paper fiat currencies are worth less and less, until they are ultimately worthless. The average lifespan of a fiat currency is 27 years.
5) Investors can buy and own physical gold privately and anonymously.
6) Super-national and national bank regulatory agencies are making moves to reclassify gold as zero percent risk-weighted asset helping to further drive physical demand from smaller banks.
7) Today, most nations are inflating and devaluing their respective fiat currency's purchasing power to both boost international trade and exports, and to more easily finance their nominal debts and social program liabilities. For instance, in the USA, retirees will most likely receive future promised Social Security checks... although there is no promise on how many goods and or services these checks will actually buy. Click here for data on fiat currency devaluations versus gold.
8) Gold bullion investments are extremely portable, liquid, and easy to store in one's home.
9) Governments and central banks are now net buyers of gold, meaning they are buying and hoarding more gold bullion than they are selling.
10) Politically or through market demand, governments will come under increasing pressure in returning to currencies backed by gold. Returning to a monetary system anchored in gold could cause the value of gold bullion to rise considerably in the months and years ahead.
The information, opinions, and financial data presented are for educational purposes only and are not intended as investment advice. No guarantees are made as to the accuracy of the information provided herein. Situations can change from day to day. Every investor should do their own due-diligence to determine which investments are best for them.
You must assume the responsibility and liability for all decisions that you make on the basis of the information herein contained. GoldSilver.com, makes no warranties, expressed or implied, as to the fitness and accuracy of the information provided or for the results obtained by using the information. Those making investment decisions based on any of the information presented should do so in the knowledge that they could experience significant losses. In no event shall GoldSilver.com be liable for direct, indirect, or incidental damages resulting from the use of the information.